Monday, August 9, 2010

New Zealand ski trip

This past weekend I went to New Zealand for a little skiing. A simple 3 hour flight over, stay in a hotel and drive up the mountain the next morning and hit the slopes. I landed in Christchurch thursday night then got up early the next morning and drove to Methvan about an hour and a half away. Again, I am making this a little easier to reference...

View Larger Map

It was a lovely and simple drive. Checked into the hotel and headed strait for the slopes in my makeshift ski gear; which was comprised of sweat pants that were under some track pants, and a Culver hoodie under my North Face. Worked out pretty well to tell you the truth. After my two days of skiing I drove back to Christchurch and went to the pubs to watch the All Blacks v. The Wallabies (all blacks won).

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31264596&l=e7c264445f&id=1170720024

The following morning I got up and headed out to the Antarctic Centre to look at some penguins and what have you. They were quite cute, some of them had little booties on because their feet got blisters and they had trouble walking. Then we took a ride in this Antarctic vehicle that could do all sorts of crazy things, like float and propel itself in the water, drive across 2 metre gaps and go up and down crazy inclines.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31264610&l=5fe835233b&id=1170720024

That is really it for the NZ adventure, next weekend I am going to Sydney to do all the touristy things, so I will be sure to take pictures of that.

Also, sorry about the copy and pasting of the links... Blogger is starting to aggravate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment