Sunday, June 20, 2010

Akihabara




Quite the day yesterday. Went to the Imperial Palace and wandered the gardens. It was quite hot though. And there were a lot of old people moving verrry slowly. After the Palace, Mari and I went to the Sony store, which is an 8 story building that has a whole bunch of Sony stuff in it. From old tech, to current tech, to future tech. On the top floor they had a 200 inch 3D tv that you could watch clips of the current world cup on. that was really cool... but of course we were not allowed to take pictures, so I have nothing to show for it. We also went to a little Nissan show room that only had the Nissan Leaf, but was cool none the less. Then we went to Akihabara, which is the technology district. So I was in heaven. I just wandered in and out of all these stores with 7, 8, 9 floors of pure tech. It was crazy. The main reason we went though is because my camera broke halfway through the day... so that was sad news. Thankfully though, I found a new camera in Akihabara. 14.1 megapixel, 5x digital zoom... oh and did i mention it was about $75 cheaper than what i would have paid back home. so now i will have really good pictures to post up.
Mari and I made our way back to my hotel and got some dinner. I dont remember what exactly they are called... but basically they are octopus balls. Bits of octopus, some lettuce, and breading that is fried then topped with Japanese mayo, fish flakes, sea weed, and sometimes cheese. Needless to say, they were fantastic.
Well, i believe that is all, going to grab some breakfast now and start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment