Monday, October 25, 2010

A stop at the Australia Zoo

So I know this post was posted just a couple minutes after the previous one, but I knew if I did not do it now while I was sitting on my butt doing nothing it would never get posted.

Sooooo, I finished classes and had no idea what to do with all of my new found free time. So I browsed the all knowing Google and found the Australia Zoo to be just an hours drive north from me. Figured, "Hey, why not!?". So I jumped in my car and went for a lovely drive up north to the Sunshine Coast and enjoyed some wild life. I was amazed though when I first arrived that the first exhibit I had to go through was the "American Alligators"... I was kind of at a loss for words, I came all the way to Australia and I am now looking at some alligators. Oh well, got passed them and saw all sorts of fun things, a Tasmanian Devil, a REAL bearcat (Cincinnati), and the most active little otters. I picked up a couple presents for some of you characters back home and was on my way.


After the zoo, I mad a quick stop off at a go cart track and had a couple fun laps. Then took my scenic drive home. A simple easy weekend with no dramas. This week, there is a Microsoft sponsored event called SmackDown on Wednesday that I am quite excited for, and on Saturday I am going to to the Gold Coast to hang out with some new people I met. So I am quite looking forward to that!

Until then, enjoy the increasingly colder weather back home, it is starting to get hot down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment