Monday, October 4, 2010

Retun from my first spring break

Last we talked, I was preparing to leave for my spring break. First stop, Ayers Rock aka, Uluru. My bags were lost when I got there, but that was no big deal, I got them later the following day and got $60 from the airport, so that was nice. I took a beautiful motorcycle ride to the Ulgers (another rock formation out there) then rode over to Ayers Rock to get a couple pictures. I thought about climbing some of it, but since the only shoes I had were Sperrys, I decided against it. It was a beautiful clear day and made for a great ride (sorry mom and Mari the 4WD got booked before I could sign up)

The Ulgers


Ayers Rock

Other than those two big rocks, there is nothing out there... I am really glad that I was only there for two nights.

After the big rocks it was on to Fiji!!!
It was soooo hot and humid there i could hardly believe it, it was like a Culver summer. I stayed at the Hinton Resort and spa, it was so pretty! And it was on its own private island!

View Larger Map


This was my view while I was having breakfast.

To say the least it was a beautiful, peaceful, and relaxing spring break! It was also nice because I had no internet connection, so other than my daily calls from Mari, I had no contact with anyone outside of the island.

Hopefully I will be updating soon, this weekend I am going to some sand island for a weekend of 4WD and fishing, so that should be plenty of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Exciting stuff! I am now caught up on all your adventuring. And guess what! I'm filling out in application to student teach in Australia! If I get in the program I would be staying-and teaching- in Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete