Friday, November 5, 2010

South Stradbroke Island

This past weekend I spent the night on South Stradbroke Island with Gordon family. They have a house just off the water that they spend a couple weekends at every year. It was beautiful! The house opened up almost completely to let in all the fresh air. We went for a jetski ride and I got thrown off the tube (they call it a biscuit...) by Tom. We did a fair bit of fishing, and of course I came up empty handed on every adventure we had with poles. One of the best parts of the weekend was the last two hours or so we were there, we went out on Mr. Gordon's sail boat. It was a beautiful boat that was a replica of one that he used to sail in Dubai. He even let me skipper it, it was amazing and relaxing! I will work on finding out exactly what it is.

The rest of the week I did not do a whole lot, I had a final on that Monday and another one on Thursday. But now I am finished with classes till January 11th, or whenever Miami goes back to school after Christmas break.

I am currently sitting on a train on my way to the airport for my flight to Melbourne, so it would take forever for me to upload pictures. So when I get another chance to upload pictures I will be sure to do that.

In other news, I will be touching down in Cincinnati in less than 10 days! See most of you then!

Update: The beautiful boat was a standing lugsail yawl rig.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself, you were a great addition to the Straddy crew!

    ReplyDelete